I have seen various webmasters anxious about the GEO targeting of website. Google use various parameters to judge the location of a website. So if you are concerned about GEO targeting, below given things can really help you out:
- ccTLD - A country code top-level domain
- Country specific location of server
- Setting Geo Targeting with the help of Google Webmaster Tools
- Submit your website in regional search engines and local directories
- Get back links from the local authority websites
- Add local address to the landing pages
Definitely all the parameters have their own value but per my experience, I would like to say that a county code top-level domain (ccTLD) is the most essential factor which Google and other search engines use as the primary method to determine the location of your website.